Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Song of the Day: "Silly Boy"

Despite their origin in Bakersfield, Fawns of Love manage to name check Kate Bush, Jesus & Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Cocteau Twins and Sparks (apparently Sparks is a really big influence on half of this duo) in their bio. Hmmm, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense now that I see it written. My initial point was that the bio lists a lot of British musical influences, but then I include Sparks who (I looked) are from LA. Also it's not like you have to be in Britain to listen to that music. Let's try this again...

Fawns of Love, a married duo from Bakersfield, cite some musical influences that my peeps really dig, so it's possible those same peeps will also appreciate FoL. I'm not sure I know someone who is a Sparks fan specifically, but all the other artists, definitely.



Song: "Silly Boy"
Artist: Fawns of Love

No comments: