Friday, December 9, 2016

Seasonal Selections: A Very Frightened Rabbit Christmas

I love Frightened Rabbit. I've only managed to see them live once--it required a drive to Eugene, but the show was solid (Clark enthused about the percussion and singer Scott Hutchison acknowledged that the band likes Portland so much that they tend to have too much fun to put on good shows there). The after concert evening didn't include sex with UO frat boys, but I guess wanting it all can seem selfish.

The first seasonal selection from the boys is "She Screams Christmas," their 2012 Christmas song.
You don't love me, at least not that I know of.
You never talk to me so how am I supposed to know, love?


The second seasonal selection is a demo version of "Boxing Night" from the State Hospital EP. Boxing Day, is of course, a seasonal thing.
This is boxing night
Someone lost an eye
I fear I’ve lost the last drop
Of whatever kept me awake, alive


And we conclude with a trip back to 2007's "It's Christmas So We'll Stop"
So forget the names
I called you on Christmas Eve
In fact forget the entire year


Ho fucking ho.

No comments: