Thursday, December 29, 2016

IGTOFTS: Maybe They Meant Next Year


I am a grown ass man who does a pretty good job of keeping track of my medium-level secure passwords (always coupled with two-factor authentication [which wouldn't possibly be undermined by something like Pushbullet] for nearly every website I use regularly.

The problem site? My wireless company's site.

Today when struggling to reset the password (using Pushbullet to copy the temporary password and paste it in a browser window, so human error shouldn't have been an issue) \the site told me was wrong enough times that I got locked out. That's not even the interesting part of the story.

Once in, I went to change an account setting that I couldn't change yesterday online OR in the store (I would have had to sit on hold some amount of time) I got this lovely message.

In all fairness, they didn't specify the year.

No comments: