Tuesday, November 1, 2016

IGTOFTS: Gray Fonts on Mobile Devices

Word.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Specifically, I"m getting too old for shitty design that makes it difficult for my aging vision and/or brain to figure out what the fuck is going on.

I recently went looking for details on something, and, like many Millenials young youthful not-yet-dead Americans, I did it using my mobile device. My mobile device has a (nearly) 6-inch screen and its font setting is large. Both of these things were instantly undermined by the use of a light gray font.



Black text on white background. Select a typeface with serifs if your text will be dense (paragraphs). I know this is boring. But it works.

This doesn't work.

#UXFail #fonts #HasThisBeenTestedWithAnAlternativeDesignLikeEvenOnce


No comments: