Monday, November 21, 2016

For Your Consideration: Jonathan Slavin

For your Emmy consideration: Jonathan Slavin, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy, Dr. Ken

For your Golden Globe consideration: Jonathan Slavin, Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, Dr. Ken

I've been a fan of Slavin since first noticing him on Better Off Ted. He's part of the supporting ensemble of Dr. Ken, a show I was surprised to be utterly amused by in its first season last year. I wasn't a huge fan of Ken Jeong in Community but here he's far more likable and the show itself has a lot to love. It's a bit basic in its style and writing, but it's also on Friday nights which means it's got the trappings of the old ABC TGIF sitcom lineup. Watch it with your tweens!

With season 2 they've increased Suzy Nakamura's role (she's also doing fantastic work this season) and given Slavin some really juicy episodes. I'm posting this a good 6+ months early specifically so I don't forget about Slavin come Emmy season.

Oooh, I should mention this to the Golden Globe peeps too.

video

video

No comments: