Sunday, November 20, 2016

Because It's True

I feel like it's been an awfully long time since I wrote about how George W. Bush is a war criminal and how Dick Cheney is a war criminal and a war profiteer. (For the sake of this post, I won't touch on the crimes against humanity thing.) And it has, it has been a long time. I haven't written a blog post with the phrase "war criminal" since January 2014 (see for yourself, just type "war criminal" in that search box in the upper-left part of the page).
Upper-left corner
Today I found myself wondering what was taking The Hague so long with their charges against the W/Cheney administration and then I was reminded that, as I'd said for many years, yes, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and several other officials from their administration are actually convicted war criminals.

"In what is the first ever conviction of its kind anywhere in the world, the former US President and seven key members of his administration were yesterday (Fri) found guilty of war crimes."
"Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and their legal advisers Alberto Gonzales, David Addington, William Haynes, Jay Bybee and John Yoo were tried in absentia in Malaysia."--Bush Convicted of War Crimes in Absentia, Foreign Policy Journal (5/2012)

Seems kind of dickish that we haven't extradited them. But then it did take 8 years from his presidency for Augusto Pinochet to be arrested. Fingers crossed!!!

P.S. In doing the above search I realized that an important graph was no longer appearing in this post, so I've recreated it. You're welcome.

No comments: