Monday, October 10, 2016

Holiday in the Sun: Columbus Day

I didn't ask for sunshine
And I got world war three
I'm looking over the wall
And they're looking at me

Oh, hello there, I didn't hear you come in. Welcome to my blog. As you have discovered this blog, please feel free to claim it under the right of discovery. Go you! Maybe, years from now, members of your religion will create a holiday around whatever date it is that you've discovered this, your new blog--or some other date so as to be more proximal to a popular holiday from a competing religion--for PR purposes. Nothing would make me prouder.

That's how shitty my life is right now.

Is there anything to be learned about the creation of Columbus Day, a celebration of white men failing upward, as a tool to help immigrants gain acceptance by people who now reject immigration? Probably not. Not in my America.

History is boring and there's a game on. Probably.

Text from here.
I want my country back. And my chain saw.

I want my chain saw back first.

No comments: