Friday, July 12, 2013

Song of the Day: "Confess to Me"

The Fabulous Clinton, who is fabulous, asked if this track from Disclosure, and featuring Jessie Ware.

But of course.



Song: "Confess to Me"
Artist: Disclosure/Jessie Ware

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Song of the Day: "Kiss Land"

The Weeknd, yes him. I dig this.

Seriously.

But I do wish someone would buy him a vowel. I mean a vowl. This won't get old for a while.



Song: "Kiss Land"
Artist: The Weeknd

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Song of the Day: "Let's Get Along"

Wang Chung, yes them again, from Tazer Up! (the exclamation point being a part of the album title and not necessarily an editorial of my opinion on the album).

For 10 minutes I thought I might see them live this summer. Silly me.



Song: "Let's Get Along"
Artist: Wang Chung

And I thought there'd be nothing to do this summer

But I was wrong. There's a new game in town and it's called Heckle Piyush Jindal on Twitter and anyone can play!





Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Song of the Day: "Nothing Really Matters"

It is somewhat annoying that in order to watch this video on youtube you have to sit through a commercial... for this song. That's just weird.



Song: "Nothing Really Matters"
Artist: tyDi/Melanie Fionna

Monday, July 8, 2013

Adventures in photojournalism or "How gay is this?" (part 2)



Are these photos from a gay event or not? Feel free to use context clues to help you come to a conclusion.

Answer here.


(DISCLAIMER: Okay, while technically the photo accompanies an article on the US Naval Academy, the reality is that 44% of USNA cadets are either openly gay or closeted or bicurious and another 26% are in denial.)

Adventures in photojournalism or "How gay is this?" (part 1)

Is this photo from a gay event or not? Feel free to use context clues to help you come to a conclusion.

Answer here.


(DISCLAIMER: Okay, while technically the photo accompanies an article on fraternities, the reality is that 84% of fraternity members are either openly gay or closeted or bicurious and the other 16% are in denial.)

Song of the Day: "You & I"

Local Natives seem to be sneaking into this great space: awesome band flying below the radar yet building a real fan base or something something I like their music. SEE ALSO: The National.



Song: "You & I"
Artist: Local Natives

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Song of the Day: "FOH"

New stuff from Superchunk. Hard to believe I missed them back in the 90s. I blame Becky. And Obama.



Song: "FOH"
Artist: Superchunk